My latest invention is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup smoothie, which tastes a lot like my favourite chocolate bar but is full of fruit and spinach, and there is not sugar added!
Blend in a blender until they are little more than pulp and green juice:
- 1 or 2 heaping handfuls of spinach (more than seems reasonable). Switch out some of the spinach for kale if you are feeling inspired.
- 1 cup of water
Then, add and blend until smooth:
- ½ an avocado
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 dollops of peanut butter
- Optional: add 2 dollops of plain yogurt for creaminess
This smoothie is quite thick, so I often eat it with a spoon, which means it can also pass for dessert if you have any children you'd like to sneak some goodness into.