I’m really not sure why this is so fascinating for me. No, that is not exactly true. I am curious, like many people, about different sexual practices, why they are performed, and what they accomplish, whether I am personally interested in pursuing that vein or not. So, when I came across urethral sounding (also known as "stuffing"), I was intrigued. During all of my forays into finding out about the world of sex in all its varying forms, I had never heard of this practice. How had I missed such a thing? None of the books I have read ever mentioned it, nor did any of my friends, who are quite frank about such things, so I had to read on. After reading on, I have decided that it is an activity that requires too much preparation and caution for my tastes, but it was a rivetting subject nonetheless.***
It became fall today. No, really, today, not yesterday, today. The Fiery One and I walked out of our apartment building today and were met with falling leaves and an orangish hue in the air. There were subtle warning signs over the last week or two, such as a few yellow leaves on branches here and there, and the evenings were growing cooler, but nothing to convey the season’s full arrival today. We went to a friend’s going-away party, and as we drove down their street, tree after yellow tree drifted past. It was astonishing to see, but oh so welcome. I am a lover of Fall. Fall would be the season I would pick if I had to choose just one season for the rest of my life. You will never hear me complain about the crackling wash of fall leaves, or the great weather that lets you wear clothes from every season of your wardrobe, or the great, long, slow, slanting of the orange evening light.
This is not the most recent news, but flatulence is still funny.
Facts About Flatulence:
* The gas in our intestines comes from several sources: air we swallow, gas seeping into our intestines from our blood, gas produced by chemical reactions in our guts, and gas produced by bacteria living in our guts.
* The odour of farts comes from small amounts of hydrogen sulfide gas and mercaptans in the mixture. These compounds contain sulfur. Nitrogen-rich compounds such as skatole and indole also add to the stench of farts.
* Oh, sweet immaturity!
* Farts are flammable, because hydrogen and methane are flammable gases, but be careful, because one-quarter of people who ignite their farts get burned.
* All methane in people's farts comes from bacterial action and not from human cells.
* On average, a person produces about half a liter of fart gas per day distributed over an average of about fourteen daily farts.
* People have believed for centuries that retaining flatulence is bad for the health. Emperor Claudius even passed a law legalizing farting at banquets out of concern for peoples' health.
* At the beginning of the twentieth century, a French performer named Le Petomane earned his living by farting on stage.
* When in need of fart-related products, check out fartypants.com.
*** Now please do not run off to try this out on your own or with an inexperienced partner or with instruments that were not designed for this particular practice. It can be dangerous, so take care, thoroughly research the subject, and find learned practitioners to help you along before commencing on such a delicate undertaking.