- I love arriving early to what will be a busy speaking engagement and conference — in this case it's BlissDom Canada — and then taking several hours to quite literally stretch myself across every piece of furniture in my hotel room like a cat lazily claiming their territory.
- I feel clean and sweet just looking at the tidy row of miniature shampoo and cream bottles lined up on the bathroom shelf.
- Having a hot shower, wrapping myself in a fluffy robe that doesn't have cat hair on it, and eating room service dessert at midnight is a decadence I never squander.
- Overheard conversations covertly scribbled next to my plate in the hotel restaurant make great fodder for poetry when I have a quiet moment.
- I like to trace the lines of another city's skyline with my eyes when it is lit up at night and the distant traffic moves muffled below.
Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in Grace in Small Things, a community for acknowledging and growing gratitude.