- I went to the Cathedral Village Arts Festival Street Fair on Saturday and ate street food, and it was worth spending yesterday suffering the consequences.
- It rained, and it rained a lot! It's been so dry that it felt as though the rain was slaking a subterranean, animal thirst within me.
- I just scored 4 tickets to see The Tragically Hip in Edmonton!
- A hot bath with a cool breeze flowing in from the window is on the schedule.
- I love the Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People podcast. In my 20s, strangers used to sit down and tell me their stories on a regular basis, and I miss that.
I want to be the gut-punch,
the pulled tooth's dry socket,
the bone's ache thirty years after the break,
the glass shard burrowed in a heel,
the bloody insistence of the cheek once bit,
the inky memory's confirmation
just when you've nearly forgotten,
the creature who watches from the dark,
the one who's been watching from the dark
since you were only very small,
breathing shallow just out of sight
so you can never believe
I am writing one poem every day in 2016, and I am using the hashtag #365poems to document my progress.
- Finding your perfect notebook is highly important.
- Everyone needs "A Progressive's Style Guide"!
- Peter Thiel, a Facebook board member, is the quintessence of the evil billionaire, but Gawker's biting back.
- If you ever feel like technology hijacks your mind, you're right.
- Netflix is spending 6 billion dollars on content this year, which what I expect in a world where the greater portion of the population lives in unnecessary poverty of some kind.
- Men rate shows aimed at women more frequently and much lower than women rate shows aimed at men, so even when it comes to ratings men unnecessarily undermine women's media.
- There are some things you just shouldn't say to an LGBT parent, but, after this list, I might laugh at you if you do.
- The Tragically Hip's Gord Downie has terminal cancer, and it's a uniquely Canadian heartbreak.
- Need a reminder to read the Terms of Service on apps? Check out how deep First Response's pregnancy test app wants to go.
- Women everywhere will be unsurprised, but a male mayor sexually assaulted his secretary, and guess which one lost their job? Fuck the system.