- Believe it or not, Reddit can be cute. Aw.
- The CDC's alcohol guidelines aimed at women were pretty paternalistic and condescending, so I love that someone updated them for men.
- If you thought certain players in Silicon Valley might be out of touch, the answer is yes.
- Twitter has announced a new plan to curb harassment, and I'm hopeful despite their terrible track record.
- A negotiation tactic called indaba managed to bring 195 countries to consensus, so let's hope it spreads.
- Calgary's mayor Naheed Nenshi has issued a poetry challenge to other mayors across Canada to start a council meeting in March or April with a reading from a local poet. This poet approves!
- Even well-intentioned people end up whitesplaining racism in ways they don't meant to. Here's how to avoid being condescending and show more compassion.
- Toronto Cat Rescue's "Get Your F*cking Cat Fixed" t-shirt kills me. You can buy one here.
- Facebook, exercising its high creep factor, is testing a feature that scans its app's users' recent photos to find ones that look like their friends, which is why I will continue not downloading their mobile app ever.
- I've been listening to Nas' album Illmatic on repeat all week. Can you believe it is 22 years old?
the advice points to a state,
that, by default, it claims is possible,
but only by implication,
perhaps an asterisk and a tiny disclaimer,
desire for truth,
a tidy switch.
The possibility is an ideal,
a dream object without authentic form —
I can see that —
and yet, still,
I lie here
at the bottom of my dry well
as though I'll never find my way out
if I don't believe in a tidy switch.